Davos 2018: IE Brown Alumni Drive UBS White Paper on Sustainable Development

Congratulations to IE Brown 2017 Andreas Koester and Brad Kimler on the presentation at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2018 of a UBS investment impact white paper that is based on their IE Brown Key Reflection Project. The title of the report being presented at Davos is Partnerships for the Goals: Achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals

IE Brown 2017 alumni Andreas Koester, CIO Global Asset Allocation at UBS Wealth Management, and Brad Kimler, Minuteman Health Board of Directors and former Fidelity Investments EVP, over beer one night during the IE Brown program, discovered a shared passion for impact investing. They agreed that critical infrastructure was needed to support this nascent asset class. They decided to jointly focus their IE Brown Key Reflection Process (KRP) on the integration of impact into traditionally shared fundamentals of risk and return and the development of proper market clearing mechanisms for these new financial products.

The presentation of their KRP at one of the most influential economic conferences in the world is a testament to the impact that the IE Brown community aims to achieve. Speaking of the overall value of the program, Koester said,

“IE Brown was exceptionally valuable to me as a professional and as a person. It gave me the opportunity to explore new, high-growth business segments that go beyond ROI. It also gave me the tools to maximize my ability to lead teams and be an entrepreneurial force at UBS. Most importantly, I gained an amazing cohort of colleagues and friends who I can count on for advice as I continue to explore new business fronts into the future.”

Kimler added:

“I signed on to this program because I was intrigued by the notion of linking the Humanities more closely to a business curriculum. Our KRP topic was a perfect way to demonstrate how this conceptual framework can be made practical in today’s global environment. I met some great people and learned much more than I had imagined in a very short time.”

We heartily congratulate Koester and Kimler on their impact and look forward to following UBS as they work toward innovative finance solutions to achieve a more sustainable world.

Download the World Economic Forum 2018 UBS White Paper: Partnerships for the Goals: Achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.

Learn more about Koester’s and Kimler’s IE Brown Key Reflection Project, IE Brown 2017 Alumni Drive UBS Investor Impact Report

Want to know more about the IE Brown Executive MBA or connect with an admissions advisor?