Our soon-to-be graduates have worked incredibly hard to get to this moment. While we may be apart, and experiencing this important milestone in ways none of us expected, we at Brown are excited to host three separate Virtual Degree Conferral Ceremonies to commend our graduates on their tremendous achievements.
We will celebrate this important milestone with the Brown community around the world — virtually, for now, and together again on campus at Commencement next spring.
You can access the ceremonies online on Sunday, May 24, starting at 1 p.m. EDT. They will feature remarks from University leaders and graduates, the virtual conferral of degrees, and an opportunity to sing the alma mater in unison, wherever we may be.
The Graduate School Virtual Degree Conferral Ceremony
Order of events:
- Invocation by Chaplain of the University Janet Cooper Nelson
- Greeting by Dean of the Graduate School Andrew G. Campbell
- Address by President Christina H. Paxson
- Address by Abdullah Shihipar ’20 M.P.H.
- Address by Miroslava Nikolaeva Nikolova ’20 Ph.D.
- Presentation of Awards by Associate Dean of Academic Affairs Thomas A. Lewis, Associate Dean of Master’s Education Shayna Kessel and Graduate Student Council President Kathryn Thompson
- Conferral of Master’s, Executive Master’s and Doctoral Degrees by President Paxson
- The Alma Mater