- The key elements of persuasive communication, including audience-centered communication
- The impact of non-verbal, vocal and message elements of communication
- Techniques for compelling audiences to take action
- Communicating to change attitudes
- Structure and delivery of different types of speeches
Apply Everything You Learn in Real-Time.
You will present speeches to the whole class and to small working groups. With feedback from Dr. Tannenbaum, trained coaches and your peers, you will have multiple opportunities to practice and apply feedback to grow. You will receive at least three video analyses of your communication skills in action. In this four week program, you will see and feel improvement in your communication.
- What are the components of powerful professional presence?
- How to be audience centered?
- Which delivery styles should we use when (e.g., text-based, extemporaneous, impromptu)?
- How do we answer questions with authority?
- How can we be persuasive?
- How can we get people to act?
- How do we change people's attitudes?
- How do we shine when we have to speak at special occasions (e.g., large company gatherings, weddings)?
- How do we apply what we've learned?