- Develop multi-dimensional leadership skills
- Reframe limiting mindsets to ones connected to your values and purpose
- Apply coaching skills to different work contexts
- Build your capacity to engage in more meaningful interactions
- Create authentic, real relationships focused on performance effectiveness
- Empower your team, motivate them and ultimately guide them to reach their full potential while achieving results in your organization
- Navigate through uncertainty and complexity with more ease and clarity
Proven approach: The Leader as Coach program is a highly effective way to help leaders adopt a coach approach. From our most recent program, 100% of the participants saw the application of their new skills at work.
In session 1, you will learn foundational coaching concepts and mindsets, and how they can be applied to increase resilience. You will distinguish between coaching and mentoring and other forms of professional support.
You will appreciate how using a coach-like approach can be effective for creating safety, engaging and developing others, and expanding your range as a leader.
- Why Coach-like leadership in healthcare?
- Creating Safety and Trust
- Coaching vs. mentoring
- Coaching Mindsets
- Creating Safety and Trust
Session 2 explores two essential coaching skills—authentic listening, and the use of powerful questions. You will gain increased self-awareness of your listening tendencies and appreciate how open-ended, non-judgmental questions can lead to richer, more impactful conversations.
- Levels of listening
- Powerful questions
In session 3, you will learn the importance of coaching skills and how to apply them to a coach-like conversation. Through observing a demonstration of a coach-like conversation and practicing in small groups, you will develop confidence in knowing when and how to apply essential coaching skills.
You will also learn how to structure a coach-like conversation, knowing when to encourage discovery and reflection and when to move to action and accountability.
- Coaching skills
- The arc and structure of a coach-like conversation
- ACT: Awareness > Choice > Transformation
Session 4 explores the topics of Leading with Values, Purpose, and Resiliency. You will develop greater awareness of your own values and learn how be at choice in honoring them more fully. You will learn how to identify values in coachees and teams and how to include values in coach-like conversations. Honoring values provides clarity on decisions and actions, resulting in more authentic leadership.
- Leading with Values
Session 5 focuses on how to help you, your team and organization shift from a Reactive to Creative orientation. We will define what it means to be “below the line” and “above the line”. After exploring how beliefs and identity are formed from a developmental psychology perspective, you will appreciate how the beliefs you hold impact the choices you make and your overall performance.
We will explore Self-limiting Beliefs (SLB’s) so you can develop greater self-awareness and listen for them in your coachees. We will spend time looking at the skills of Reframing and Visioning as ways to help shift from below to above the line.
- Balancing Achieving Results with Creating Authentic Relationships
- Self-Limiting Beliefs and Reactivity
- The Inner Guide
Session 6 focuses on how to apply and integrate the coaching skills and concepts in a variety of contexts. You will reflect on your leadership style, embracing new mindsets that make you more effective, and discarding ones that do not. You will learn how to give and receive feedback in a way that creates safety and is in service of developing others, as well as improving quality and productivity. You will develop a plan to hold yourself accountable for continued growth.
- Sustaining Peak Performance
- The Coach-like leader in practice
- Leadership integration