Program Content & Schedule
This asynchronous 4-week program is anchored by weekly live sessions led by Dr. Ashish Jha, Dean of the Brown University School of Public Health and one of the country’s foremost public health experts, and Dr. Megan Ranney, the founding Director of the Brown-Lifespan Center for Digital Health.
In this course, Dr. Ashish Jha and Dr. Megan Ranney are joined by national experts to share frameworks and tools to support leaders in healthcare and public health in the recovery from the coronavirus pandemic and preparing for what comes next.
Asynchronous Course Material & Live Online Sessions
Wherever you are in the world, you now have the ability to collaborate and learn from Brown’s world-class faculty and global experts. In this asynchronous format, you will be able to work through the course material in your own time, and still attend live sessions with other professionals in healthcare.
|Week #||Date||Time||Session Topics (Subject to Change)|
|1||To Be Announced||5:00PM-6:00PM EST||Technology & Data|
|2||To Be Announced||5:00PM-6:00PM EST||Communications|
|3||To Be Announced||5:00PM-6:00PM EST||Health Equity|
|4||To Be Announced||5:00PM-6:00PM EST||Healthcare Infrastructure|
The goal of this course is to build your capacity to:
- Keep people safe and informed
- Leverage novel technologies for public health
- Respond to future pandemics
- Factor in social determinants of health
You will also learn to:
- Assess strengths and vulnerabilities of existing healthcare infrastructure in the aftermath of COVID-19, and design strategies to improve health systems to better meet the challenges of the next decade
- Communicate effectively in the evolving media environment to support individual and population health, counteract misinformation, and respond to crises.
- Optimally deploy emerging technologies and non-pharmaceutical innovations to meet the needs of clinicians and patients in the wake of the pandemic
- Design strategies both to determine the extent and impact of racial inequities in health and care and mitigate these inequities.
The live synchronous activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Accreditation: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals: Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance stating this program is designated for 4.0 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.