Katie Jenkins Promoted to VP for Cloud and Cyber at Liberty Mutual

We are proud to extend a hearty congratulations to Executive Master in Cybersecurity (EMCS) 2018 Katie Jenkins on her promotion to Vice President and Senior Director of Cloud and Security Enablement for Liberty Mutual’s Commercial Insurance Strategic Business Unit.

In this new position, Jenkins will lead the organization’s migration to advanced public cloud platforms while ensuring common security-enabled patterns and methods are adopted in their cloud journey.

When asked the value of EMCS to this promotion, Jenkins replied,

“The EMCS program connected me with a vast network of people – faculty, fellow students, industry leaders – who shared their knowledge and experiences and helped me explore a wide range of intersecting points that influence cybersecurity. From this experience, I can now bring back to my team a big picture context and inspiration for how we can strengthen and broaden our approach to the public cloud.”

Jenkins also elaborated on the value of the EMCS network.

“My classmates who came from the public sector, military, privacy law, and entrepreneurial areas each introduced new ideas and new thinking. Hearing how they approached some of the same challenges I face enhanced my existing knowledge and helped steer my thinking in directions I hadn’t previously considered.”

She also mentioned the value of the Bay Area experiential session.

“It was powerful to see in practice how companies in the Bay Area have embraced innovation and modernization of their tech platforms. While we as IT leaders hear and read a lot about their operations, it is difficult to make the leap to ‘practice’ unless you experience it firsthand. Spending the day with these tech leaders was a fascinating and invaluable experience.”

Want to connect with an admission advisor?

X