Shannyn Timrott ’18 on the EMSTL Fast-Track to Business Leadership

Congratulations to Executive Master in Science and Technology Leadership (EMSTL) 2018 student Shannyn Timrott on her recent promotion to Director of Product Design and UX at Castlight Health (NYSE:CSLT), a leading health benefits platform provider.

Timrott secured this promotion with less than a year at Castlight. The company had just acquired Jiff to expand their offering into the growing wellness field, and they needed someone to drive the merged UX teams.

Timrott’s role at Castlight has historically included communicating the team’s work to company stakeholders, running meetings and managing workloads. An email to the company’s leadership team about her enrollment in EMSTL made them see her as having the business chops to lead the combined UX teams and weigh-in at a business leadership level.

“I’m lucky to be at a company that appreciates the strategic role of UX in today’s online driven consumer world.  The EMSTL program helped secure my promotion and validates my business leadership acumen to the broad array of businesses and outside stakeholders I want to influence.”  

With the acquisition of Jiff, Castlight is positioning itself as the leading provider of a fully integrated personalized benefits hub for an employee’s health experience, from staying healthy, to accessing care, to managing a condition. Timrott is leveraging her EMSTL degree to aid Castlight in this endeavor by working with Brown’s leading faculty and outstanding cohort peers on the design enhancement of the company’s digital health platform customized for a major insurance company. This project will be the focus of her Critical Challenge Project (CCP).  

“The beauty of EMSTL is that I can learn from the best, advance my company, progress my career, and stay in town on the weekends to attend my kid’s little league games – even though I might be sneaking in some discussion posts between innings.”

Want to connect with an admission advisor?

X